Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Amusing Quotes from Stan Laurel

(From 7/17/06 on my old blog)

“You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead” –Brats, 1930

"Hey listen. Don't you think you're bounding over your steps?" - The Music Box, 1932

"Well, if you caught a fish ... then whoever you sold it to, they wouldn't have to pay for it ... then the profits would go to the fish ..." – Towed in a Hole, 1932

"Well I couldn't help it, I was dreaming I was awake. And then I woke up and found myself asleep." – Oliver the Eighth, 1933

"Well I heard the ocean is infatuated with sharks." – The Live Ghost, 1934

“Any bird can build a nest but it isn't everyone that can lay an egg." – Way Out West, 1937

And finally…
Ollie asks Stan why he drank an entire glass of Sassafras Soda even though he didn’t like it and Ollie was entitled to half of it. Ollie asks, “Why did you do it?” Stan replies, “My half was on the bottom!” – Men O'War, 1929

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home