Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Saturday's Bike Ride

(From 7/22/06 on my old blog)

Today's ride was up Waterton Canyon via Chatfield State Park. After leaving Highlands Ranch and passing the south end of Chatfield Dam, I rode through the woods on the paved trail and encountered a jogger who was going the other way. He asked me if I had seen a bear near the trail where I had just ridden. I told him that I had not but was aware of the signs indicating that bears live in the area. He told me that when he had jogged through there about 30 minutes before, he had seen a black bear with a brown snout about 100 yards off the trail and it was heading towards the trail. Note that his location is less than 1/2 mile from the nearest home in Highlands Ranch. I'll keep my eyes open when I ride that way again. I would like to see the bear and it would be even better if I get a picture of it.

Mileage today was 29.5 miles for a total of 3078 miles, 582 for this year so far. Goal is 3500 total, 1004 for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home