Saturday, December 16, 2006

The New Goal

As the year nears a closing, I find that I have reached my revised mileage goal of 3700 miles on the odometer. That's 1204 in 2006 - by far the most I have ridden in one year. I think my goal for next year should be at least that much and if I can make 1300 miles that would put the odometer at 5000. So, that's the new goal.

That's only an average of about 108 miles per month. One of the keys is to get a head start during the coming winter months when riding is limited to weekends when there is no snow and it is at least 40 degrees (like today). Today it was a little chilly when the sun was behind the clouds and I found my toes to be rather cold. Fingers, too, but not as bad. This seems to be the lower limit on temperature for me to be riding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home