Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Caching 8/28 - Micro Managed

There are a number of micro caches that have been hidden within a few miles of the house. I set out on my bicycle yesterday to see if I could find a few of them. the first is a small item that I guess is hidden in a pine tree along Wildcat. I was unable to find it. I'll bet it is a small capsule attached to one of the limbs on the tree. It is really hard to spot those.

The second one is called Head Scratcher #2. I didn't bother looking for this one since there were a bunch of muggles sitting in the grass nearby. I'll try again another time. I had looked for this one once before and failed to find it. Another clever hide.

Cache #3 is called Recurring Dream and I was able to find it. It is a little box with magnets holding it to a bolt underneath a footbridge. I signed the log and replaced it.

There are several micros along Highlands Ranch Parkway that I considered looking for but there were too many people (muggles) around.

Lastly I rode over to another cache that I had found once before because there is supposedly a white jeep travel bug in it. I found no jeep or cache. I think it is missing altogether. Oh well.

This 13 mile bikeride yielded 1 cache out of 6.

On my next bikeride, I am going to try to find some benchmarks which are loggable like caches.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, what exactly arre IN these caches? or are they just empty boxes? Wouldn't it be nice to find one that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home