Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Bike Ride

Today's bike ride was the longest I have done in Colorado. 42.5 miles. I've had some others that were nearly as long. I started about 8 am when the temperature was quite nice. By 10:30 or so it was getting hot and the ride ended about 12:30 pm. I did some geocaching along the way finding 9 new caches and not finding a number of others. I even overshot one by almost a mile and went back to find it. That's what contributed to the extra long ride on a route that is normally more like 39.5 miles. I did a few other minor detours as well in search of elusive caches.

Heading to Texas tomorrow to bring Sarah back to school at Baylor. We are actually going all the way to Houston to visit Heather's sister.

Might do a few caches along the way but I will be staying out of the weeds. We were in Texas a little more than a week ago for a wedding and while I discovered some caches, some chiggers discovered me. I have had them before and was reminded how nasty and itchy 13 chigger bites can be. And this was less than two weeks after getting into some poison ivy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home