Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another Ride up Waterton Canyon

(From 7/29/06 on my old blog)

Today's ride was 33 miles for a total of 3111 - 615 for this year so far.

Having heard of a bear sighting in Chatfield State Park, I was interested in making such a sighting myself. So, I rode my bike over that way this morning to see what I could see. No bears. This nice deer is the closest thing I could find to a bear this morning. I actually saw 4 deer on this ride. Three lizards, too.


After riding through Chatfield, I headed for Waterton Canyon. Once you get up the canyon about 6.5 miles, you will find the Strontia Springs Dam.


Most views of the South Platte River in Waterton look something like this.


Although not from today, here are some more pictures from Waterton Canyon. First, a pair of mated mergansers - male and female. They are quite different looking from each other.




Sometimes, you can see bighorn sheep along the trail. And you can get pretty close to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home