Friday, September 08, 2006

A Fun Thing to do with Cats

We have two cats, Pippin and Dora. And just about every evening Pippin insists on playing a certain game and Dora always joins in once it starts. We call it "Tossing Goodies". Pippin will find me, sit down and simply stare directly at me in the face very intently thinking that will get me to start this game. He might do this for 15 or 20 minutes until I finally begin the game.

So, I go into the kitchen and get the container of goodies. These consist of Pounce Crunchy Tuna flavor dry catfood that comes in a little pouch. I figured out that it is about $9 a pound!

Anyway, I get the container and toss one of these little fish-shaped goodies across the room while Pippin is watching. Because of their odd shape, these bits of food tend to bounce strangely on the carpet almost like they are alive. Pippin nevertheless quickly chases them down and often jumps quite a ways in the air to swat at them. Dora joins in the game as well usually coming from out of nowhere once the game starts. They get 8 or 10 goodies each and its a lot of fun watching them chase them down and getting exercise at the same time (the cats, that is).

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like more Wildlife sightings to me! Which one of them jumps the highest? Do they compete for the prizes?

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger cajrrman said...

Pippin is the jumper. I think his eyesight is better than Dora's. He can spot them flying through the air but Dora doesn't seem to do this. She waits for them to hit the ground before spotting them. Sometimes Pippin hits one as it is about to fly over his head and he completely changes the trajectory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home