Sunday, October 15, 2006

More Water Birds

Not being content with the lack of battery power for my digital camera yesterday, I recharged it and rode my bike over to Chatfield today for exercise as well as to see if I could photograph a few of the birds we saw yesterday but didn't get pictures of. Here are the results.

First up is a squadron of pelicans.



Next up is this little guy which I think is some sort of grebe. This fellow is quite small - about half the size of a typical duck. It might be a younger version of the next one below.



This next one might be another type of grebe (horned grebe?).



There were also either some Clark's grebes or western grebes in the area as well but they were too far away to get a good picture. I'll try again next time.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 nice photos of horned grebes!

check on your Clark's or westerns when you see them next time, and remember that the Clark's has a yellow-orange bill and the western has a yellow-green bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home