Saturday, September 30, 2006

Adventures of 9/30/2006

It was a very nice sunny morning – about 60 degrees so I went out for another one of my bike rides in quest of my mileage goal. I made one goal of riding 1000 miles this year. My real goal is 1004 miles, however and I am still 4 miles short of that. The extra 4 miles is because that’s how far short I was of last year’s mileage goal. I fell short last year because of a fall I took on the bike in which I hyper extended my left elbow sometime last November. That and the weather ended my riding for last year – just 4 miles short! Making up for it this year and then some.

I rode through Chatfield State Park again and also up into Waterton Canyon. The fall colors are really getting wonderful right now and this picture is one I took in Chatfield:



It seems that I always see a snake somewhere on my rides and this little fellow was today’s snake. It’s about 14 inches long and I believe it is a bull snake.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and a gorgeous Colorado Autumn day for a ride!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to say Congratulations on reaching 1000 miles! And here's to four more, at least! Wonder how far the little snake has gone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home