Sunday, April 15, 2007

Adventures in GeoCaching This Weekend

Saturday was our high water mark so far with geocaching. 12 caches were found in all and all of them were in Highlands Ranch or Chatfield State Park. These caches were in various containers such as metal boxes, plastic containers and even one altoids tin. They are all in fairly clever locations making it not easy to find by anyone who is not actually looking for them. By the way, people who are not aware of this activity of geocaching are referred to as "muggles".

On Saturday, Heather, Katie and I set out to find a number of caches and the first one we actually were not able to find. The location was in a rather conspicuous location but we failed to find it nevertheless. I think I have any idea though and we’ll try again soon.

We then drove about a mile to the next one and we did find this one. The funny thing about this one is that it is right out in the open yet we took about 10 minutes to find it near an old unused concrete structure. This one is called Johnny Caches' Cache Can.

We then moved on the Highlands Ranch Bug House which is supposed to be primarily used for Travel Bugs. More about those later. We then drove to another area that has about 10 caches in it within about a mile’s walking distance. We found 5 of them – we’ll do the others some other time.

Later in the day I set out on my bike and thought I would look for a few around Chatfield State Park. I looked for 5 but only found 4 of them. The one I couldn’t find has given other people trouble as well. I even went back there today for a second crack and failed once again. This one is called Kingfisher Stroll.

Today, I went on another bike ride and found 1 out of 3 caches. A great bike ride and it turns out that I can do two things I like at the same time, cycling, geocaching, wildlife viewing, and even railfanning. Hey, that’s 4 things!

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your GeoCaching adventures sound like great family fun. The Combination of GeoCaching, Biking, Wildlife watching and Railfanning does not sound very relaxing...but still entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home