Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Quiet Chatfield

I left work a bit early today to get in a bike ride before it got dark. Went over to Chatfield with my camera to see if I could catch something interesting on electronic film. I saw lots of water birds but could not get close enough to get a photo or to check their ids. I did see a red tailed hawk fly over me. Neat.

The most interesting wildlife I saw was some deer and one of them is in the photo below. Usually, when I see deer in Chatfield, they are female - without antlers. This one and his nearby buddy (not in the photo) were both sporting some fashionable antlers.



On the way back, these two deer had joined 6 others nearby that I had missed when I first rode through. Some had antlers and some didn't.

I like how they stare right at me when I stop to stare at them.

Chatfield was very quiet. I got there about 5:15 and left about 6:00 this evening. I only saw about 3 other people the whole time. Maybe that's why the deer were so easy to find - there weren't a lot of people to encourage them to hide away.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would really like to see more waterfowl photos!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger cajrrman said...

Me too. Of course, the 10 inches of snow we got here today might keep me from doing it very soon. Maybe this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home